Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Reflections

I REMEMBER A TIME of horrible confusion when I did not know whom or what I could trust. In a moment of despair, I confided in my mother that I no longer knew what the truth was. She replied without skipping a breath, “The only truth there is, is God’s love.”
An illuminative experience opens us to God’s truth. We know in those few minutes of transcending grace more than we knew only moments before. More than just head knowledge, it is knowing with the heart and with every cell of the body. We never forget this kind of knowledge because the memory attaches into our DNA. With the power of a religious conversion, an illuminative experience changes the way we perceive life. Nothing will ever be the same; nor do we want it to be.

– Karla M. Kincannon
Creativity and Divine Surprise 


No comments:

Post a Comment